10 July 2014

Gollum; en route to India


This is what greets you at Wellington airport. I saw it in the wee hours of Monday morning after I'd arrived for my flight to India.

I hope the quality of the photographs over the next four months is O.K., because I'm trying to do all this, including processing the photographs, on an android tablet. Let's just say I'm not impressed, and the sooner Adobe gets its act together and produces an android version of Lightroom, the better.

I'll try to check these on a Windows machine from time to time. In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Here in New Delhi the heat's terrific, but I seem to be coping. Keep an eye on Pohanginapete to read about the travels.


All content © 2014 Pete McGregor

6 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Gollum is clever - and creepy. Not certain I would be ready for him on a jet-lagged morning.
Have a wonderful time in India - a place I found fascinating, disturbing and often very beautiful.

Ruahine said...

Kia ora Pete,
Well you have left behind cold, grey and windy conditions here in the Manawatu, and across most of Aotearoa from what I gather. Looking forward to following along on your travels. Stay well e hoa..
Robb

Anonymous said...

Wishing you safe travels, Pete. Looking forward to hearing about your sojourn in India! -Maureen

pohanginapete said...

EC, Robb, Maureen: thank you. Tremendous heat here in Delhi (about 40 degrees celsius), but I'm coping O.K. and enjoying being back here. On the train to Amritsar on Saturday morning, then heading for Ladakh, where I'll no doubt find the crowds of tourists but more pleasant temperatures.

Zhoen said...

That's... kinda nightmarish. Is LOTR the entirety of the NZ economy?

Still, impressive, in an extremely disturbing way.

pohanginapete said...

Zhoen, I think some people would like to believe the NZ economy would crash without LOTR. Gollum, I believe, was preceded in the airport by one of the eagles, but that fell down -- fortunately, not with anyone under it.