24 August 2012

View from the Mirador del Valle Frances, Torres del Paine


I'd not long arrived at Campamento Italiano when I heard someone call my name. A tired Scott stood there, enormous pack on his back, after the better part of a week walking the circuit in the opposite direction to me. The next day we left our gear and walked up to Campamento Britanico, then to the Mirador. Cloud slid around the huge cirque, hiding and revealing wild mountains; occasional flurries of snow swept over. Fine weather has its charms, but for sheer spectacle in the mountains, this is to be preferred.


[21 November 2011, Panasonic Lumix GH1, 14–45 mm at 14 mm, ISO 100, 1/200 at f16]

All content © 2012 Pete McGregor

5 comments:

Relatively Retiring said...

How marvellous, how dramatic, and what a place to meet for coffee!

Zhoen said...

Here's to the love of wild weather and atmospheric drama.

pohanginapete said...

RR, this is the kind of place you don't forget,

Zhoen, I'll second that.

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I'll never forget this place! And the rough weather made it all the more memorable. -Maureen

pohanginapete said...

Maureen, glad you and Eric got to see it. I knew you'd appreciate places like this.